Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Open Photography Discussion - Full Access for Basic Members > The Trading Post

Notices

LinkBack (8) Thread Tools Display Modes
  7 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1  
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Premium Lifetime Member

Terry Zorich 10
Concession trailer, set up for event photography! For sale?!?!?

I am seriously considering selling my event photography trailer. If you have a new or growing event photography business, and would like to have a near-turnkey mobile photo store, you will want to seriously consider taking a look at this!

It is a 2005 United 8.5' x 16' tandem-axle trailer, dark blue, and it is set up for event photography with onsite viewing, sales, and production. The following equipment would be included (more specifics/details on anything is available...just PM or e-mail me):

1. The trailer itself. It is a 2005 United concession trailer, 8.5' x 16' with tandem axles; electric brakes; rounded roof; three concession windows; "barn doors" under the rear concession window for loading a scooter/ATV, etc; 32" side door; pre-wired electric with breaker box; low-profile overhead flourescent lights; fixtures (customer and production workspace counters); rolling toolchest with drawers for consumables and supplies; and three office chairs. The trailer is partitioned into two areas - a customer viewing/sales area (customers on the outside and salespeople on the inside), and a production/printing area. The areas are separated by a wall, and a 'freezer-strip door', which keeps dust out of the production area AND allows the production area to remain cool, thanks to the roof-mounted AIR CONDITIONER (also included)! The trailer is also set up with tie-down rings in the rear (useful for securing an ATV), and a wheel chock and E-track in the front half, useful for a motorcycle or scooter.
2. SIX Shuttle XPC small-form-factor computers of varying specification. One of these machines is particularly well-equipped and is used as our downloading and sorting station, and also hosts images on a second internal SATA hard drive for the viewing stations. This "server" also has a dual-head video card, with a second monitor in the sales area, allowing a single person to sort photos while remaining physically accessible to any customers who approach. A second XPC is used as the "printing station". Both of these machines have 52x CD-R drives for Photo CD creation. The other four machines function as viewing stations, allowing customers to view photos. Each of the six PC's has its own Acer 17" LCD monitor and Microsoft optical/laser wheel mouse, and keyboards where appropriate (the viewing stations don't use/require keyboards other than for logon/maintenance purposes). The viewing station and sorting station monitors are suspended from above using Luxor LCD monitor mounts, and the server and printing station monitors are mounted to the wall using Luxor LCD wall mounts.
3. TWO Kodak 1400 thermal-transfer printers with cables (optional/extra: Kodak 9810 printer)
4. Epson R1800 inkjet printer (does up to 13x19 prints).
5. TWO Yamaha EF2800i inverters (generators), producing 2500 continuous (2800 peak) watts of power each. One of the generators runs the air conditioner (when necessary/desired), and the other can power EVERYTHING else (PC's, printers, lights, fans, other equipment).
6. Netgear wireless router/hub for wired and wireless networking and automatic IP addressing.
7. 16-port network switch and CAT-5 cables.

NOT included would be the software for the PC's; the buyer will be responsible for loading Windows/Linux and production/viewing software. Other than the software requirement, the trailer is ready to go. I am currently still using the trailer 2-3 weekends per month.

Now, how about the "intangibles"?

I have to say that although we've used the trailer for 2.5 seasons now, we still get a lot of comments/compliments. People are just impressed by the setup. Even other event photographers make a point to compliment us on the setup. Customers really like the easy walk-up approachability of the viewing stations, and seem impressed by the technology and efficiency. From the time we receive an order until we can deliver a CD or 8x10 prints is literally just a few minutes. Event staff and other photographers (and others who take time to notice) mention the physical layout and the smart partitioning of the customer/sales and production areas. The adjectives we hear most are probably "neat" and "cool".

A team of two can take the setup to an event and start making money right away. I have actually done events solo, in cases where I can leave the trailer closed up while I shoot, opening the trailer after the shooting is done. It also scales up for larger events quite nicely; I've used two salespeople, two production people, and three shooters at some events; you could probably use even more.

If you're ready to step up to onsite viewing, sales and production, you really need not look any further than this.

The price is negotiable, depending on the final configuration (which equipment is included or eliminated) but as it sits, the price will be set at $19,000. Contact me SOON via PM or e-mail with serious inquiries!

This first photo was taken in 2005:

These photos were taken on 6/17:

http://www.EventPhotoNow.com/images/trailer/2.jpg

http://www.EventPhotoNow.com/images/trailer/3.jpg

Last edited by Terry Zorich; 06-19-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Premium Lifetime Member

Terry Zorich 10
Re: Concession trailer, set up for event photography! For sale?!?!?

UPDATE: (October 7, 2007)

I have received several inquiries lately, so I wanted to post this update:
This trailer is still available for sale. (However, if I still have it in the coming spring, I will likely keep it for most of the 2008 outdoor event season.)

Also, there are lots more photos available here:
Photo concession trailer

Thanks to all for the inquiries!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Premium Lifetime Member

Terry Zorich 10

Springtime and the outdoor event season are approaching fast! Don't wait to get ready!

...and there's good news! Recent developments force me to reduce the amount I'd be willing to accept for this mobile photo store. Take the next step, and blow away your competition in '08!

PM or EM for details...

Old 05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Premium Lifetime Member

Terry Zorich 10

UPDATE: YES! The trailer is still available for sale as of May 8, 2008.
The price has been reduced, and I have just completed replacing the vinyl tile floor, and building new countertops and work surfaces!

Until it is sold, I will continue to use the trailer. Contact me via PM or EM with any questions.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Basic Member

imagesbytara

I am wondering if your trailer is still for sale. If so how much are you asking for it?

Tara Maki
Images By Tara

1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #6  
Old 02-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Premium Lifetime Member

Terry Zorich 10

Hello all,

As of February, 2009, the trailer has been SOLD.
Thanks for the interest!