Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Workflow Discussion - Full Access for Premium Members > RAW Photo Processing Software and Technique

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Basic Member

Tom_Meyer 10
Fuji Raw File Converter EX, several issues

I posted this yesterday on the S2 forum, but have received no responses. Impatient.

There are 3 buttons that I can't find any documentation on in the manual. "Initialize", "Load" and "Save". Can anyone (economically but lucidly) describe their function? I can guess, but I'd rather not.

Also, How do you skip converting a file that has been dragged into the Converter with a fist full of files that you actually *do* want to convert?

Also (also), any word on Photo Mechanic V4.0 (Windows XP) viewing Fuji raw files at that delightfully large preview size?
I really have a hard time assessing raw files at 4x6 inches on a CRT... even a well calibrated CRT. I want better software than EX, it's like setting your point-gap with a matchbook cover (if you know what I mean).

Also (again) what's the difference between LX and EX? And designating a different destination file for the converted? Yes? No? huh? why not, Mr. and Ms. Fuji?

Thanks for any hints, clues and/or clever rejoinders (if you have nothing of *practical* value, feel free to leave a bad joke)... t

Oh yeah, is anybody else getting conflicts between PhotoShop 6.0 and FinePix Viewer? I have to reset my preferences in PS everytime I try to run it concurrently with FPV. It really sucks... t

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Basic Member

geoff_shearer 10
Re: Fuji Raw File Converter EX, several issues

Hi,

I can't answer all your questions and I'm doing this from memory, so please forgive any accuracy problems.

EX and LX - do you mean EX and LE? If so, EX is better, more control - LE just converts using camera defaults.

Changing output directory? Nope, can't be done (in Fuji software) - A real issue, I think.

Initialize, Load and Save buttons - Initialize resets all conversion options to "as shot" or "camera setting"

Load will load a specific set of conversion options (including custom tone curves) into the converter and convert using those settings. Save saves your conversion options so that you can load them later

Don't know about Photo Mechanic - hopefully??!!??

Have you tried Bibble? It converts Fuji RAW with far more options - some love it, some not so much. Me? I think Bibble is pretty good, but a little buggy, and I still get the highest quality conversions with the Fuji software in spite of all its flaws.

I wish C1DSLR would add Fuji RAW to its code base - might not be enough money in it for them, though.

-Geoff

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!