Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Workflow Discussion - Full Access for Premium Members > Printing

Notices

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Basic Member

KevinCarter 10
Epson: Yellow Spoltches all around

I open my sleeveless portfolios today and saw yellow splotches on many pages of many different portfolios. Printed about 9 months ago on Epson archival, premium presentation paper (formerlly enhanced matter -- two prints matted together to a thick double sided prints). Never seen this in the five years I've been using the paper.

I would not think it's the paper.
It's definitely not from the print touching another print as it widespread and the yellow look is consistent acroos many books and many pages.
I have a few ideas, but am curious first if anyone has ever seen such a thing. thanks.

1) I had a new frame shop mount these print (double sided) -- still he used heat activated mounting tissue, they looked fine for several months. I would not think this is it.
2) I had new wood/ laminate floor installed in the apartment a few months ago. A lot of dust floated about from the guys sawing. Still, the books looks fine for a couple of months after this.
3) After the new floors, I did move a large house lamp much closer to the bookcase which had the sleeveless books. Still that seems far fetched.

I'm out of theories. any help appreciated

CANON 5D2

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!