Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Workflow Discussion - Full Access for Premium Members > Photoshop and other Image Applications

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Basic Member

DavidRamey 10
PhotoReflect problems

Has anybody else had problems with getting paid from PhotoReflect for your orders that you shipped? The first time I didn't get paid was 2 weeks ago on 3 orders. Now it is up to 5 orders. I have called them and was given different numbers to call and I leave messages on the voice mail and nobody bothers to call me back. Anybody use an alternative to Photoreflect? If I am not getting paid for my orders, then I want to switch to something else.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Premium Lifetime Member

Location: Washington DC (Philadelphia, Newport News, Allentown, Neenah, Raleigh, Kinston)
Delane_B_Rouse 10
Re: PhotoReflect problems

someone always calls me back. and we've had no problems getting paid. Are you using PR2.0?

you could always email the president directly. Email me directly for his info.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Basic Member

DavidRamey 10

I thought I would post a recap of all that transpired between photoreflect and myself to resolve the problem of me not getting paid for orders that I fulfilled and shipped to my customers. I get my checks from photorelect on Monday, every 2 weeks.

On November 3, 2003, my check was short payment for 3 orders. I gave photorelect a call and was told that I had never marked the items "shipped" within my software. I informed them that I had marked the items as being shipped and that on my photoreflecet screen, that it indeed showed that I had marked the items shipped. I was told that I would be paid for these items when the next checks go out in the mail. So I thought the problem was resolved and waited 2 weeks until November 17, 2003 to get my check.

On November 17, 2003, I recieved my check in the mail from photoreflect and not only was I short the original 3 payments, but now was short on 2 additional payments for a total of 5 payments that I hadn't been paid. I called them back on November 18, 2003 and was told that I had an old version of photoreflect and that I had to download the update from the web site. I downloaded the latest update and it was the same version that I already had installed on my computer. I called them back and told them that they had to have made a mistake, that I did have the latest update already installed on my computer. The tech I had talked to found a bug in THEIR software that wasn't allowing some of my orders to show up on their server as being shipped. He told me that it would take a few days for them to get that sorted out and that I should call accounting to make sure I got paid. For the next 3 days I called accounting, never talked to a human being, always having to leave a message and was assured that I would get a call back. I never got a call back from accounting. I then sent an e-mail to the president of photoreflect and never got a message back from him either. I called back the tech rep and told him that I couldn't get through to accounting and he assured me that he had gotten ahold of them and that I would recieve my check the next time the cheacks would be mailed out. So I had to wait aboout another week for my check to arrive on December 1, 2003.

On December 1, 2003, I received my check from photorelect and my 5 orders that I was supposed to paid a month ago was stilled not included in the payment. I called photoreflect again and was told that the payment request was sent to accounting and that I should contact them to see why I didn't get paid. I called accounting and got their stupid voice mail again. I left a message for them to call me back. I never got a call back. The next day I called accounting back again and I left a message stating that if they did not call me back within 48 hours that I would bring suit against them and that I would talk to the Attorney General of the State of Alaska about fraud charges. I got a call back within an hour. I taleked to the man there and he assured me that hewould cut a check for me and send it out Airborne Express to help make up for the lost time. He told me that the check would go out to Airborne Express on December 5, 2003 and that I should get my check early the following week. I didn't get a check from photorelect through Airborne Express the following week.

On December 15, 2003 I received my check through the mail from photorelect and it finally included my 5 orders that I had previously not been paid for.

With this poor of customer support, I am looking for something else to use for my web site. I have plenty of web space on my personal web site and am looking for some program that I could upload my photos and have a shopping cart and be as easy to use as the software from photorelect. I could code my own pages, but that would take me 2 weeks to get that number of photos uploaded. Any ideas? I need somethink that can upload and make the pages and be able to handleup to 5000 photos at a time.

Old 12-29-2003, 03:19 AM
Basic Member

robert_baker 10

i have never had any problems...but, if I get any extra time I will convert over to the e-commerce version of www.imagefolio.com. super easy to set things up, batch process and watermark.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:19 PM
Basic Member

Don_Crawford 10

Well, I have been toying about restarting my photoreflect storefront for my little sports photo buisiness for awhile and this story confirms the concerns and reservations I have about using them. I am for sure going to continue using my own website and mail order for now until I can implement a shopping cart system. Thanks for your inlightining update.

BTW, if you are looking for a good php "do it yourself" gallery have a look at Gallery at http://gallery.menalto.com/ , they have an add on called Gallery Remote that makes batch uploading very easy.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Premium Lifetime Member

Location: Washington DC (Philadelphia, Newport News, Allentown, Neenah, Raleigh, Kinston)
Delane_B_Rouse 10

I've never noticed that we didn't get paid for something, but we do a large amount of business and to be honest, I'd never notice 4-5 missing "average" orders.

I've had contact directly with the President...via email. He seemed nice and professional and provided me with the name/contact info for their lead tech supports person. I've been in contact several times with that person as well. Yeah, I had to leave a message, but always got a call back. We had a long conversation and he has added several of the the points of discussion as "Feature Request" for updates on their Publisher software.

Mark Pless in accounting takes a day or so to return his phone calls, but you just have to be persistent. Contact him and make sure that your message is clear and concise; then call back and make sure that your expectations are met.

I don't know how and why you continue to have your problems and I DO NOT work for ED/PR, would rather live without them and their %, but they are BY FAR the best and fastest thing out there.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:40 PM
Basic Member

robert_baker 10

[ QUOTE ]
... this story confirms the concerns and reservations I have about using them. I am for sure going to continue using my own website and mail order for now until I can implement a shopping cart system. Thanks for your inlightining update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm....one negative experience versus 3+ positive experiences?