Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Camera Discussion - Full Access for Basic Members > Nikon Digital SLR

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Basic Member

Timshoots 10
Nikon lens repair in San Francisco?

I am in the San Francisco Bay area.

I wonder if anyone can recommend a reliable Nikon repairer who has a QUICK turn around time.

I have an 80-200 in need of new contacts.

The Authorized Nikon repairer in the area has a turn around of 7 to 10 days. Just far to long for me.

Cheers,

Tim

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Basic Member

petebiro 10
Re: Nikon lens repair in San Francisco?

Check Adolph Gasser... he used to be the top Nikon guy. You can also ship your lens to Sacramento to be repaired go to www.camerarepair.com (they are FAST, reliable and less money than others I have used.

I had a problem with an F4, shipped it to Sacramento and next day phoned to see if it arrived. They said, "Oh yah, came in this morning and it is finished and in our shipping department, you should have it back tomorrow!"

Name of co. is California Precision...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Basic Member

petebiro 10

OOOPS... url wrong, try www.camrepair.com
sorry...

Old 03-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Basic Member

NoahBerger 10

hi tim,
i use a great shop in downtown oakland. it's east bay camera exchange - (510) 763-5919. they will usually fix things on the spot for me - have been going there for years. they are a bunch of vietnamese guys who used to be nikon repair techs.
good luck,
noah

Old 03-26-2003, 04:22 AM
Basic Member

kntfst 10

Like the East Bay Camera Exchange also. Took Film cameras there, did quick clean job of it. How well they do Digital Cameras can't say. If it needs a part and they don't have it. They can get in next day. Like that they aren't backed up, delaying repair of a walk in camera. Their Nikon Aurthorized.
Kntfst

Old 03-26-2003, 09:22 AM
Basic Member

fmxphotos 10

As anyone sent them AF-S lens?
I have an 80-200mm and 28-70mm that I think are out of wacked... But I use them each weekend. So I can't be without them. Anyone or you know anyone that have sent AF-S lens in and got it back under a week. Also can they help with the Back focus problem in the D1x too?
Thanks

Old 03-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Basic Member

petebiro 10

Contact the guys in Sacramento via www.camrepair.com they are GREAT AND FAST. I got the first recommendation to use them from Nikon's NPS contact when he told me they were faster and cheaper than Nikon's own repair guys.