Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Equipment Discussion - Full Access for Premium Members > Film Scanners

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2002, 03:45 AM
Basic Member

otto 10
LS1000/2000/30 scanners on Win2000/XP/Me

There seems to be some confusion about "drivers" for these devices. ItĄs important to realize than SC-SI devices do not need drivers. However the SC-SI controller in your computer does, atleast if you work under Windows. If you upgrade your OS, you need to go to the manufacturer of your SC-SI controllerĄs hp and download current ASPI drivers for that particular OS. If your SC-SI controller was made by ADAPTEC, you can go to this URL: http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...duct/ASPI-4.70
there are aspi drivers for all Windows OS.
THEN ofcourse you need a scanner program. If you are using LS2000/30 I recommend going to this URL: http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro2...ownload_11.htm
download the latest firmware as well as NIKONSCAN 3.1.2
Forget about the older version. 3.1.2 is much better.
In case of LS1000, I do believe the NIKONSCAN for LS1000 (download at the same URL) will run on WIN2000, but IĄm not certain about XP/Me. If it doesnĄt work for you, you need to set up a partition on your C drive and install Windows 98 as a utility for scanning only. I have a customer who made this work just fine. All other applications he is running under XP, but his situation occurred before ADAPTEC made new ASPI drivers available, so I recommend trying to upgrade those first.

Good Luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-28-2002, 04:09 AM
Basic Member

otto 10
Re: LS1000/2000/30 scanners on Win2000/XP/Me

I found this compatibility chart in which it appears you canĄt use the LS1000 with XP, so I guess the only way out is installing a partition on your C drive and using secon OS e.g. win98 for scanning only, if you insist on using that particular scanner. http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro_...rix_public.htm

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-28-2002, 10:38 AM
Basic Member

Juan_Mabromata 10
Send a message via AIM to Juan_Mabromata Send a message via MSN to Juan_Mabromata Send a message via Yahoo to Juan_Mabromata

To all users:

I CAN use the LS-1000 under Windows XP!!!!

With a Toshiba Satellite 3005 and Adaptec 1460C PC Card.

First install ADAPTEC ASPI Driver for Windows version 4.71 DOWNLOAD HERE then install the old Nikon Scan v.1.63 Download Here
Reboot PC with the scanner attached and powered ON.

Go to Adobe Photoshop and you can scann.

Good luck!!

Old 08-08-2002, 03:34 AM
Premium Lifetime Member

Mark_Milstein 10
Send a message via Skype™ to Mark_Milstein

All,

I have a problem that maybe someone can help me with.

I have Nikon LS-2000 scanner and am trying to get it to work under Windows 2000 Server.

I am using Nikon scan software version 2.5

The SCSI cables are connected ok, and I am using an Adaptec AHA-2940AU PCI SCSI controller.

Every time I try to open the Nikon software I get this message: "No devise found."

Any suggestions? What exactly should I do to fix this and get back to scanning my images?

Thanks.

Mark Milstein www.northfoto.com [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2002, 03:58 AM
Basic Member

otto 10

Sounds like either your scanner is not terminated, or perhaps your cable is defect. Do you have other Sc-Si peripherals on that chain?

Old 08-08-2002, 07:40 AM
Basic Member

Robert_Longhitano 10
Send a message via AIM to Robert_Longhitano

Mark,

I ran into the same problem. You have to update the Windows 2000 ASPI layer ( ASPI Driver for Windows version 4.71 ) After the install re-book and it should work fine.

Rob

Old 08-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Basic Member

esdeeloco 10

Hello everyone this is my first post. Sorry for being new to this but I have a question about my SCSI card. I have a Nikon LS-1000 that I am trying to use with a SIIG AP-40 SCSI Pro Ultrawide SCSI card but I am not successful. I am trying to use Nikon Scan 1.6 on Windows 2k, but I cannot locate the driver that it needs for it. Please help! Is it because I need an Adaptec SCSI card or is it because I am not doing it right?