Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Photography Discussion- Full Access for Premium Members > Event

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Basic Member

Paul_Burwell 10
Poster Examples

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has some example posters that they would be willing to share? I tried a search but came up empty.

I am looking for examples where you have taken a series of photos from an event and combined them into some sort of dynamic poster. If you have any information to share about the process and what sort of equipment and paper you print them on, that would be great as well.

Best regards,

Paul

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Basic Member

ChristineHuie 10
Re: Poster Examples

What do you plan to use them for? Advertising? Indoor/outdoor use? A product for sale? We create in-house templates and then simply send them out as 16x20 enlargements. By the way, we get great results from 1.5 meg files (jpeg files shot at events).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Bill_Neukranz

Take a look at the porfolio section at
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...b=1&c=02F0
for many poster examples.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bill

Old 12-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Basic Member

Randy_Brister 10

Uh, Bill, there's no portfolio in your (or Dee's) portfolio. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Randy

Old 12-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Basic Member

NorbertBissinger 10

Yes there is, using Netscape 7.02.
Click on the Picture near the top a little to the right.
Some very nice layouts. Congratulation!

Old 12-31-2005, 03:06 AM
Bill_Neukranz

I just tried the portfolio option, starting from clicking on the above URL reference. All seems in order. (I'm using Internet Explorer.)

After clicking on the URL reference above, click on 'zoom +' in the PORTFOLIO in the upper right quadrant of the web page. Then click on 'next' to flip through the examples.

This should be a standard PhotoReflect 'home page' screen.

There's 20 examples, all done in the 2002 - 2004 time frame (and I think mostly shot with a Canon 1D). I've since shot a lot of lacrosse and wrestling for posters for two area senior high school varsity teams, and hockey posters for a local rink. These examples aren't included, but, the 20 that are shown should provide plenty of ideas.

(Currently shooting for very large action posters with a Canon 1DM2 body as primary and a Canon 20D as secondary, and using a Canon 400/2.8L IS with 1.4X extender for lacrosse and without 1.4X for soccer, a Canon 200/1.8L for hockey, a Canon 100-400/4.5-5.6L for baseball (can't shoot at night with this zoom), and a 70-200/2.8L for basketball. With these bodies and lenses, never shoot with strobes - requests are declined if lighting is so dim that these lenses won't work. Also never shoot slower than 1/500th. Will shoot up to 1000 or 1250 ISO - rarely shoot at 1600 and never try to use 3200. Poster images are shot very low compression JPEG, ARGB color space, AWB (WB changes shot-to-shot for hockey - can't do anything about it), no sharpening, Matrix 3, manual exposure mode, AI Servo focus, center FP only, no FP expansion, slow servo speed, generally at 3 fps, and using 2GB (original) UltraII CF cards. Printing is done in-house on an Epson 7600 with UltraChrome archival ink, using Bill Atkinson profiles, printing on Epson Premium Luster or Glossy Photo Paper (purchased in large spools). Largest poster size offered is 24x36" - all offered unframed only. Post-processing s/w tools are Photo Mechanic for sorting, Adobe PS for almost everything, Noise Ninja for noise reduction, and nik Sharpener Pro for sharpening. Used to use Genuine Fractals for enlargements, but rarely do now, having moved from 1D to 1DM2, and having moved to PS CS2 version. Starting points for some poster layouts are based on purchased license examples from others.)

Best regards,

Bill

Old 12-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Basic Member

Randy_Brister 10

Really wierd, all I see is a black album cover, I can click on next, previous, and zoom, but all I see is the black album, no images. I've had a PR account for years, and visited dozens of other PR sites, so I know what I should be seeing, but no luck on yours. PC w/ Internet Explorer.

Randy