Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Camera Discussion - Full Access for Basic Members > Canon EOS Digital SLR with 1.6X sensors

Notices

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Basic Member

JimPierce 10
10D Error 02

I have just received an Error 02 on my 10d. I looked at the cause and potential fixes for this and it says that it has to do with the compactflash card. I reformated, used two others and changed the battery and still had the problem.

I waited a day and tried it again and the camera worked fine for a few hours and then it happened again. turned the camera off and it worked yet again for 30 shots or so. It is currently very sparatic but after a handfull of photos i get the error back.

I took all three cards to my computer and the computer cannot read one of them.

has anyone else had this problem? I would rather not shipp this back for repair (still under warranty) but am planning on it.

Jim

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Basic Member

Tim_McDermott 10
Re: 10D Error 02

Jim,

Simply out of curiousity, if not to help others make a stab at addressing your problem, what 3 CF cards have you used?

Tim

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Basic Member

Jim_Townsend 10

I've had my 10D for a little over a year and I just got an Err O2 for the first time ever last week.

In my case, it turned out to be a bad card.. (A fairly new Lexar 512).. The card works for a while, then starts locking up the camera with Err 02. The card formats OK, but the problem with it keeps cropping up.

I haven't had problems with any of my other cards.. I've shot a couple of hundred pics since..

Try formatting your cards on the computer to get them back to normal and see if they all do it again.. If they do, then it sounds like a camera problem.. If all the cards you use get corrupted, then it's probably something to do with the write cirucuitry..

Old 07-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Basic Member

JimPierce 10

Thanks for the input. I forgot about formating on the computer but unfortunatly this does not work either, The cards formated but once I turn the camera on up pops the Err02. I will be packing it up again to ship back for repair. At least this happend on vacation and not at a shoot. I just started out in sports photography for the local sports teams and have just paid for all my equipment. I will be shopping/ordering another today. Just want to find it for a good price from a quality vender.

The compactflash cards are all 256MB, Lexar, 12X, 40X, and 16X.

This is the second time I have had to send this back for repair. The first was due to the mirror falling of the bracket. I am worried that once the year is over how much this type of repair would cost.

I hope it gets back to me quick.

Jim

Old 07-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Premium Lifetime Member

MathewLodge

This happened to me for the first time last week, right in the middle of a location shoot [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I lost 8 frames that were in the write buffer, and the 9th was on the card but is corrupted.

I switched to a 512MB card and shortly afterwards got Err 02 on that as well. I switched again to a 256MB card and was able to complete the shoot with that.

I reformatted all the cards on my laptop and they checked out OK. I can copy files to them from the laptop with no problems. The 1G card now seems to work fine with the 10D, but the 512MB card locked up again with Err 02 a few days later.

I am concerned that this seems to be an intermittent problem -- does anyone know what Err 02 signifies?

Thanks,

Mathew

Old 07-26-2004, 01:43 AM
Basic Member

Brian_Davies 10

>>...has anyone else had this problem?<<

Yup, I had it happen several times way back with a D60 (maybe about a year and a half ago), and it was always with Lexar Pro Series cards (512MB and a 1 Gig card, something like 16x or 32x speed).

I'm not sure if this is your situation or not, but in my case, it ALWAYS happened after I MOVED instead of COPIED files from the card to the computer. In otherwords, it was always after I edited, flipped or deleted files directly on the card using a card reader and *the computer*. I then read somewhere that nasty things will sometimes happen to the file system on these (Lexar) cards if you edit/delete files on them using your computer as opposed to using your camera. I called Lexar and they denied that any such issue exists (I believed them because it sure sounded kinda whacky to me too). But lo and behold, the day I stopped using my computer to format/delete/flip/edit files on the card and only deleted or formatted in the camera, my corrupt Lexar card & error 02 problems COMPLETELY disappeared. I have not gotten the error since then on the same D60, or even on my 10D or 1DMII.

Hope that might help,

Old 07-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Basic Member

ArnieAranjuez 10

It also happen to me once in a while with my sandisk 512mb cf. I really am not sure if its the card or the writing process. The error 02 displays when i try to preview a corrupted image. When i download the image by via zoombrower, it stops and gives and error when it reaches the corrupted image. I tried deleting the image that causes the problem via the zoombrowser and things will go back to normal (no more error 02)