1. Remove The Color Parrot from the included base plate.
2. Turn off Auto-Focus on the lens and make sure your camera is in "P", "S", "A" or "M" mode not
the green box. If using "M" mode be sure to set the proper exposure.
3. Hold The Color Parrot over the front of the lens. (Be sure to place the side with the smaller white circular target towards the camera lens.)
4. Point the camera lens at your subject(s) of interest, or the light source(s) illuminating your subject(s) of interest.
5. Take 1 photo.
6. Push the "Menu" button.
7. Locate the "Custom WB" menu option and enter this menu.
8. Select the photo you just took (it should be a frame which is all a shade of white or gray).
9. A reminder notice will appear if your camera is not in "Custom WB" mode.
10. If your camera is not in "Custom WB" mode select the "WB" button on the camera body. Select the custom wb symbol (square between two triangles).
11. Start taking photos. Repeat steps 3-8 as needed (whenever the light source changes, or you change locations).
You may also wish to download the camera PDF Manual Here
and go to page 49 for full instructions on custom white balance options for your camera.