Pro Photo HOME
Go Back   Pro Photo HOME > Professional Digital Camera Discussion - Full Access for Basic Members > Canon 1-series Digital SLR and EOS 5D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Basic Member

Sean_Reid 10
1Ds Battery Refresh Quick Questions (NC-E2)

I can't seem to locate my NC-E2 manual or a PDF of same on the Canon site. What's the drill for refreshing the batteries - mine seem to need it. Many thanks.

Sean Reid
Northeastern Imaging

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Basic Member

Dave_Robertson 10
Re: 1Ds Battery Refresh Quick Questions (NC-E2)

1. Connect battery to charger as normal.
2.Press "Refresh" button until the orange refresh lamp lights up. The battery begins to discharge. After discharge the battery is automatically recharged.

Cheers

Dave

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Basic Member

Sean_Reid 10

Thank you kindly. I've just done this with two batteries connected. One is showing a solid orange light and the other a flashing orange light. What does that tell me?

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sean

Old 01-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Scott_Hughes

The charger will only charge one battery at a time. After the first battery is charged, the second battery is charge. I believe this is the case when refreshing as well.

The two cords are simply for convenience, so that you can plug both in and leave it to do it's job.

The solid light indicates the battery is being charged, or discharged in the case of the REFRESH mode. Blinking red light means it is completed charging and I *assume* blinking yellow means is "waiting" to enter the discharge/charge cycle.

I couldn't live with only one charger... buy another 1Ds and you're covered. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Basic Member

Sean_Reid 10

Well, I'll be. I've been working professionally with this camera for over a year and never realized it was charging the two batteries in serial order. I usually put one in the camera and pop two on the charger and leave it to do its thing. This is what I get for not reading, and then losing, the battery charger instructions. Thanks to you both for the clarifications.

Cheers,

Sean

Old 07-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Basic Member

StanLiu 10

I've never seen this in years of having my NC-E2, but the red power led as well as the red charge led are flashing. Anyone else seen the power led flash before and know what this means?