Canon announces the launch of two new tilt and shift lenses, the Ultra-Wide angle TS-E 17mm f/4L and the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, an upgrade to the popular TS-E 24mm f/3.5L.
These lenses are huge news and a 17mm TS lens??? That is amazing!!!!
The speculation on these lenses has been running wild in rumors and in forums including the ProPhotoHome forums.
The lenses have materialized as PMA is drawing near and companies are starting to announce their products that will be seen at the show starting at the beginning of March.
They also feature Canon’s sub-wavelength structure coating for the minimizing flare and ghosting, high-precision aspherical front elements to keep distortion to a minimum and multiple UD elements to reduce chromatic aberration.
Key features of the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II include
* Tilt and shift lenses compatible with all Canon EOS cameras
* Ultra Wide 17mm / wide 24mm focal length, ideal for architecture and landscapes.
* High precision lens elements for low distortion and high resolution to the edge of the image +/- 6.5° Tilt and +/-12mm Shift (TS-E 17mm f/4L) +/- 8.5° Tilt and ±12mm Shift (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II).
* Tilt and shift mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing shift in any direction.
* Tilt mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing tilt in any direction relative to the shift
* Aspherical and UD lens elements minimize chromatic aberration.
* Sub-wavelength structure and super-spectra coatings minimise ghosting and flare.
* Circular aperture for creative, blurred highlights
* TS-E 17mm f/4L has a floating internal focus mechanism delivers high image quality throughout focus range.
“These two new lenses are Canon’s answer to photographers who have
requested wider angle Tilt-Shift lenses, with the new TS-E 24mm for
wide angles and the all new TS-E 17mm for ultra-wide angles. We
continually seek to expand our optics portfolio to meet the demands of
our photographers to ensure that they have the best tools available to
capture some of the most stunning images on the planet,” stated Yuichi
Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging
Group, Canon U.S.A.
Pricing and Availability
The TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II is expected to ship in May for an estimated retail price of $2,199.00*. The TS-E 17mm f/4L is expected to ship in May for an estimated retail price of $2,499.00*.